Monday, April 7, 2008

Our New Home

After an eventful week, Brian and I have finally settled into our new home. It wasn't easy, but with the help of my mom, we got it done. Here's a little story on how we found the house...

A few weeks ago my mom and I came up here to house hunt. The day before we had to leave, we went and looked at a three bedroom house that I ended up really liking and drove by a house that we thought was really cute, but was way too small. The only problem about the house I really liked was the owner was in the process of evicting the current tenants. He assured us that the house was mine, he just needed time to take care of those guys. Well time was what I didn't have. I came back to Cali thinking that I would be able to move us up there the last weekend of March, maybe even a week later. Well, the week I was getting ready to move, I get a phone call from the owner and he says that the current occupants are contesting the eviction. Hmm... That didn't work for me. I was stressed at that point, and all of you that know me, know how stressed out I can get. Luckily my parents came to save the day for me, AGAIN. My dad said that he would still drive me up to Washington that weekend to look at places, that way they wouldn't have to cancel the airfare back home that they had already booked in advance. I had a place to stay just in case. So that's what we did. A few days before we left, I contacted a few owners of houses that I saw on craigslist and made arrangements to view them that weekend. We got into Seattle on Saturday at 3 pm and had our first (and ended up only) house to look at 4. When we pulled up to the house, my mom and I discovered it was the house we drove by but thought it was too small to live in. All the other houses that were its size wouldn't have been able to fit our furniture. Beginning to feel down, we took a look anyway. Low and behold, it ended up working out! It fits all our furniture and is the cutest little place!

We are able to have Tyce here, which makes this place even better. Next week my friend Robyn is moving back up here from San Diego and is going to bring Ty with her. I can't wait!

Here are a couple of pictures! Remember, if you're ever in town you have a place to stay!!!

Before I end this I would like to thank my parents again for all their help and support. Mom, thank you for staying an extra week to help me settle in and keep me sane. I love you guys.














3 comments:

Liz Nicks said...

Congrats on the new place guys! It's very cute and very well decorated:)Good luck this season!

Omar and Yvette Falcon said...

the place looks GREAT, congrats!

Anonymous said...

I have said it before, and I will say it again, "You two are so very blessed. God is taking care of you both."
Love you two lots,
Aunt Connie and Uncle Sam