Sunday, July 6, 2008

San Diego

During Inter League play in June, the Mariners make a trip to San Diego every year. Brian was really adamant about me coming, so I did. What a fun time! PETCO Park is really nice! Not as nice as Safeco though. :) It was a great weekend. Brian and I hung out on his off day in downtown San Diego. We went to a pancake house for breakfast the walked Horton Plaza. As the afternoon approached that day we went and laid out by the pool, I know rough life. I had made dinner reservations at a restaurant called Island Prime for that evening, so we got dressed up and went out on our fancy date. We've never done that before, so that was a new and fun experience. The following days Brian and I met up with a couple of close friends and family members. Lorenzo (my best) happened to be down there, so we were able to have lunch with him and his friend. After Brian had left for the field, Lo and his friend took me to Old Town San Diego. That was really neat. The following afternoon we met up with his Uncle Ronnie for lunch. He's a huge Padres fan; season ticket holder. Never misses a home game, nor a game in Seattle. That's dedication! We'll be seeing him again next year. :) Later that evening, my parents came down and met me at the game with two of their friends. We went out to DICK'S (the restaurant). Not as fun as it was when you were a kid... Brian got in trouble for throwing a cloth napkin, even though the waitress started it. Lame.

I ended up going back to Riverside on Sunday for a couple of days. I was able to meet up with my friends who I wasn't able to spend time with the last time I was home. It was good to catch up with the ones I love.





No comments: