Sunday, July 6, 2008

Tillicum Village

My good friend Robyn who lives out here in Seattle invited me with her and two of her friends, Mara and Scott, on a mini ferry ride of to Blake Island where they host a Native show while serving you some bomb food back in May. I know, I know.... MAY?? I told you, I'm slacking... Anyway back to my story... The show was ok. Not sure if it was very accurate when describing the Native culture. One of the girls who was serving us food, who happened to be in the show couldn't even tell us which tribe she was representing... YIKES. At least the food was good. Although I did try clams for the first time... eh not a big fan. On our way back to the city, Mara realizes that she left her bag somewhere. Not sure if it was on the boat or on the Island, she asked the bartender if he had seen it and if he could keep a look out.... He said he hadn't seen it. Well as the ferry docked, all of a sudden the bartender remembers that he had seen it... RIGHT BEHIND HIS BAR. When we looked through it, the money she made in tips that day was stolen. The trip turned out to be a dud, but the company was good. We wont be recommending that tour.

One positive thing that came out of this mini trip was that I was able to capture some great shots of the sunset. Seattle has the best sunsets..... I've fallen in love with them.















No comments: